Speech at the official book release at Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai


Good evening ladies and gentlemen! It’s a great honor to be here today. Thank you Dr Badrinath sir for accepting my humble request to release this book. It’s a dream come true for me to get the book released from none other than my role model and my guiding spirit. Thank you Dr JB for all the help. Dr JB is not only my mentor but also a father figure who has always been there for me whenever I have needed his help and guidance.


I will start with Sankara Nethralaya. This institute is very special to me because here I grew not only as an Ophthalmologist but also as a person. I had the opportunity of learning from so many masters under one roof. Also, this is the place where I learnt the 'essence of living a meaningful life.' Sankara Nethralaya has given me fond memories that I shall always cherish.


Coming to my writing- you all must be wondering how this book happened. Well, I have always aspired to be in a role where I can serve people and be able to make a difference. So while my medical profession has given me a platform where I can serve people and help them at a physical level, motivational counseling has given me a medium through which I can reach people and help them at mental and emotional level as well. In this regard, writing gives me an even wider canvas to paint on. So whether I am in the role of an Ophthalmologist, a motivational counselor or a writer, the basic idea remains the same- to be able to reach people far and wide, serve them and be able to make a difference in their life.


The book ‘Principles of success made easy’ has had a long journey. The pages of this book had been flashing through my mind for years and I kept jotting down the snippets of creativity here, there and everywhere. However, I took up the challenging task of organizing these snippets of creativity and materializing them in the form of a book during my training in Sankara Nethralaya which incidentally was the most intricate part of my life as an Ophthalmologist. I was hard hit for time and leisure time was a rare happening. New challenges and nerve racking situations mushroomed every day. It was nothing short of a race against time and a grueling combat with stress. This book is thus very close to my heart for the reason that it stands as a testimony to my conviction in life- “if you think of something deep in your heart, you can make it happen.” It’s just a matter of-  believing in yourself, being consistent in your efforts and having enormous amount of determination and patience.


What made me write this book is the fact that if there is one ambition that is common to all and which unites everyone across the board, it is the ambition to be successful- in whatever one is doing. So everyone wants to be successful but not everyone is able to figure out how to go about achieving it. Why is it that some people are successful and others find success elusive? What is it that the successful have and others don’t have?


After spending years, trying to find the answers to these questions I came to the conclusion that success neither comes accidently nor by wishful thinking. It also cannot be attributed to the good genes, luck and the like. There are certain universal and time tested principles that govern the game of success. The reason why some people are successful and others are not is that those who are, have grasped and mastered these principles and are using them to achieve success in their day to day life.
‘Principles of success made easy’ is a pragmatic account of these fundamental principles of achieving success and is the distilled essence of my years of research and understanding of the dynamics of success. It is a step by step guide to climb the ladder of success which gives both an in depth view and a time tested approach to succeed. It chronicles 14 golden principles of achieving success. These principles are wide ranging and apply to success in all spheres of life. Thus, this book is for everyone across the board who aspire to climb the ladder of success. It is especially tailored for all those who are bored and bogged down by the cliché lines, phrases and quotes on how to be successful. Here is something practical, handy, easy to grasp and gets straight to the point.


This book is not only a guidebook for success but also a storehouse of strength and motivation. I’m sure all my readers will be able to relate to it. I request all of you to read this book once and I promise you that you will be tempted to read it over and over again in order to assimilate its contents and incorporate the principles in your life. Afterall, as is said, ‘a good book becomes a part of you.’


Thank you so much for your time and patient listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment